Thursday 11 April 2013

Making A Table Cover for a Trestle Table

Table Cloth Party Settings

Whenever I have a party I pull out the old trusty Trestle Tables, however I was missing some really nice table covers that were made to fit these.

I wanted something that looked a little more chic and smart.

So Spotlight were having a huge Easter Sale - 40% off almost everything.

I ended up purchasing 3 sets of Queen Flat sheets and a heavily discounted 5 metre pack of Red Poplin for $14.00, I think it was left over from Christmas.

The sheets only cost $7.00 each after all the discounts.

I think that White, Red and Black would be colours that I could use for all different kinds of parties.


So here's how they look.

 
Race Car Party
 
Red Tablecloth, covered with a chequered piece of fabric
 


The tables can be dressed up to suit all different kinds of parties by simply adding a piece of fabric etc down the middle of the table.

Racing Car Party
  • Nascar
  • Cars

The fabrics are a little creased, but obviously on the day they would be nice and ironed.



This is a separate piece of fabric that I pinned around the table onto the red tablecloth
makes a great theme for"
  • circus
  • Candy
The Stripes were made using white and red strips sewn together and then scalloped at the edge.



 This was a striped fabric I purchased on sale from Spotlight on sale for about $3.99 per metre.


 Circus Theme party table cloth.



Circus/carnival theme party table tablecloth


,
This table cloth setting is also perfect for a circus party.
This fabric was given to me, they are 2 sets of curtains so I have 4 of these to use for parties.

 
Spotty Circus/Carnival Table
 
Another great money saving way to decorate tables is to use wrapping paper.
This is a pinstriped red wrapping paper that I picked up at Christmas from the Reject Shop.  Also I know that Ikea had the same sort of paper in, but they always sell out.

 
Candy Stripe circus carnival party tablecloth
 
  

80's or Glitzy party a basic red tablecloth can be dressed up using dance sequin fabric, very sparkly.

 
Ruffled Tablecloth

 
DIY Ruffled Tablecloth 

So here is the white ruffled tablecloth that I made for a bargain price of $15.00, I know that the shops are selling these for $150.00  I used 2 Queen size flat sheets for this project and a lot of time for making the ruffles and edging them.




1 comment:

  1. Corporate Logo Trestle Table Cover add a unique element to any standard table linens or trade show presentation. When businesses use the tablecloths, the cloths are usually decorated with the company’s logo, name, and any other information the company would want the public to know about company profile.

    ReplyDelete